Email validation tools are an incredible asset to your email marketing campaigns by reducing or eliminating bounced emails, but there are actually many other benefits as well!
Email marketing is still one of the most effective and successful modes of marketing. Email is still one of the most used and potent communication tools, with people checking their emails daily. Today, 269 billion emails are sent out, with over 3.8 billion email users and the numbers are still growing. Statista indicates that there will be over 4.3 billion users by the end of 2022.
An email validation tool is essential for any successful marketing campaign
While email communication is still one of the most widely used, a recent statistic shows that only 10% of email addresses that are collected are accurate (EEK!). This data is mostly attributed to human error when inputting information. So to put it simply, email validation is an essential part of any email marketing campaign.
However, as email continues to grow and be utilized, so does the number of errors and things to look out for when sending emails to potential customers. Your company may work tirelessly to gain popularity and a growing user base, but it can all come crashing down if you are sending emails to undeliverable, misspelled, or incorrect syntax emails.
Here are a few fun facts about email marketing and validation
- Consumers who purchase products through email are more likely to spend over 138% than those who don’t receive email offers. So your email marketing campaigns are really important.
- 41% of emails are opened on a mobile device.
- 23% of consumers who open an email on a mobile device will open it again later.
- Email campaigns are almost 40 times more effective than Facebook and Twitter combined in helping businesses acquire new customers (McKinsey).
- Email marketing has an ROI of 4,300% (Direct Marketing Association).
- 60% of consumers intentionally provide incorrect information when submitting personal details
- 10% of email addresses entered into checkouts or sign-up forms are invalid.
To sum it up, email marketing is a crucial part of any marketing effort and the proof is in the pudding. It works. So why would you craft a beautiful campaign, with the data and statistics to show it will yield results when you don’t have a clean email list? You don’t want those emails to bounce or end up in a spam trap.
Why aren’t your email marketing campaigns not yielding results?
While there are a multitude of reasons your emails aren’t giving you positive results, one of the biggest reasons could be the quality of your email contacts and subscribers. If your email list has emails that are spam traps, role-based, or incorrect your email deliverability will suffer, making your ROI suffer too. Is there a way to change this? YES!
By using an email validation tool your headaches will soon disappear.
What is an email validation tool?
Email validation is the process of verifying the accuracy and quality of an email address. Email validation tools will separate addresses that are unsafe to deliver or put you at risk for spam traps. Next, the validation tool will check if the domain name is correct. Once that is found to be OK, it will then move to the more technical process. They will ascertain the validity of the email addresses.
After the validation process is complete, the tool will show you your results. Each email will be displayed with a result. There are 5 possible results:
Deliverable - We can determine with a high level of confidence that the email address is associated with a valid account.
Undeliverable - We can determine with a high level of confidence that the email address is not associated with a valid account.
Risky - Emails are deliverable but should be used with caution due to low quality or deliverability. May include Accept All, Disposable, and Role addresses.
Unknown - The domain associated with the email address is not responding, meaning we cannot determine the validity of the email account.
Duplicate - The list contains more than one of the same email.
The best part of email validation tools is that they don’t send out emails to verify if the address is correct. So you can clean your lists with no pressure of sending out unwanted emails, they will be cleaned right before your eyes.
The Major Benefits of Email Validation
Email validation is not just about reducing bounced emails, it also has many other benefits.
The industry standard for bounce rates shouldn’t be higher than 2%. High bounce rates can lead you right into a spam trap and your emails will never see the light of day. Or, they will just immediately go into the spam folder.
One of the biggest benefits of an email validation tool is that it helps protect against bounces and avoid spam traps. You will also avoid people who routinely mark messages as spam and any invalid addresses.
Lower Mailing Costs
You can get more return on your investment when your emails actually land in their intended inboxes. Even if you do email “in-house”, you will save time and money after using an email validation tool. This is due to the fact that your improved deliverability means less effort and headache to maintain mailing lists and databases.
There is no use in wasting time, money, and effort on emailing bad leads. Invalid emails will never convert. EVER. Validating emails will ensure that you are reaching people who are actually interested in your product or service. Higher open rates will translate into more sales, higher brand exposure, and higher conversion rates.
Invalid and bounced emails will skew your campaign statistics. So you’re not getting the full and accurate results when there are invalid emails in your list. They make it difficult to assess the full effectiveness of your efforts because they are never getting delivered. A good email validation tool will clean your list, and provide accurate data for your marketing decisions. Thus, helping you in the long run.
Ability to Personalize
A good marketing campaign starts with the customer experience. An email validation tool provides data such as names and addresses that make it easier to connect and personalize your email marketing campaigns.
The customer’s connection to your brand can make the difference between success or failure. A recent study proved that 71% of respondents were more likely to make a purchase if an email was tailored to their preferences. The more data you have the better, and the more personal you can get with your emails.
Have you ever heard of the saying, “Hope for the best, prepare for the worst”? Well, it’s much easier to have a process in place before any delivery issues arise and are blocked from sending emails. Email validation and cleaning will help you prevent any deliverability issues before you ever press send.
Improve Customer Engagement
Because email verification will remove incorrect or non-existent emails, the remaining list will be real ones. As a result, the choices your customers make as well as being able to see what their interests and priorities are, you can get a more accurate picture of what they want. So when you sit down to draft your next email campaign, you’ll know exactly what they’re looking for.
Consequently, your emails will contain stuff they have already expressed interest in. And that is a huge leg up on the competition because you will be able to write and tailor information that your subscribers can relate to and be sure you’ll have a better engagement than before.
Protect Sender Reputation
If you’ve been sending out emails for a while then you’ve created a reputation with ISP’s, ESP’s and so on. Your sender reputation is a vital part of your email marketing campaigns. Sender reputation scores serve as a barrier from inboxes being cluttered with unwanted emails. If your score is low, the fewer chances your emails will be delivered.
When you have a clean and validated email list, your emails will only be sent to valid inboxes, thus helping to improve your sender reputation score.
Save You From Future Headaches
When you use email service providers (ESP), you are also their customers so their main goal is to take care of you. They also want you to act in a professional and responsible manner. They prefer if your campaigns were not returning a large number of bounces or complaints.
So their next step is to protect their customers by sending out a warning. Next time that it happens, however, they can deny carrying any of your emails. That’s because your bounces are negatively affecting the deliverability of other clients. They could even take it so far by demanding you pay for the damages. When you validate your list, you are ensuring list hygiene and keeping hard bounces to nearly zero.
Keep Your Email List Up to Date
Annually, it’s been estimated that 22%-30% of email addresses die and are turned invalid. In layman’s terms, that’s about 1 in every email address on your subscription list dying every year. You can imagine the price of storing and emailing addresses that are no longer valid, so why do it? Email validation will ensure that your list is up to date and rids any dead or invalid addresses.
How to Validate your Email List?
As we have covered the numerous benefits of validating your email lists, most organizations don’t take advantage of validation services. A recent Experian study concluded that over half of the organizations felt like they had a high email bounce rate.
After learning about all of the benefits, you definitely don’t want to fall into the category of having dirty lists. So what are your options?
Bulk Email Validation
No matter the size, you want to make sure that your contacts that you have are valid and active. Once you’ve found an email verification system you like, such as Emailable, you upload your email database onto the platform and let the system work through it. How long it takes depends on the size of the list, however, you shouldn’t wait for more than 30 minutes for this process to be completed.
Then you are able to download your results with each email having a result of one of the 5 categories mentioned above. You will then be able to take the deliverable emails and send your stunning campaigns to those recipients.
List Cleaning Automation
You also can automate your email validation. By putting your list on a cleaning autopilot, Monitor will do the work for you. As you upload your lists, they will be automatically synced and reverified every day. By using list cleaning automation you will only keep deliverable addresses on your lists, have the control to select which emails are removed with custom configurations, and improve your deliverability and secure inbox placement.
While your list is continuously changing, the quality won’t stay the same. Some addresses go bad or gather new ones that are not safe to send out. Fortunately, it is easily preventable by using a validation API.
You can also use a real-time email checker to your current HTML forms by simply copy and pasting a few lines of code. And you don’t even need custom code when you use Emailable. You can block invalid emails before they’re ever added to your database, customize which attributes to include, and integrate them directly into your existing website.
How to Get Started
After all this chatting about the importance and benefits of using an email validation tool, I hope you’d like to start cleaning your lists. But where to begin? Well, you’re in luck!
Emailable is more than just an email validation tool. It’s a platform where you’re able to find all the best tools you need to improve your lists and email deliverability.
The features included in Emailable are comparable to none. With Emailable you have access to features such as:
- Disposable Email Detection We check your emails against a frequently updated list of known temporary email addresses.
- Email Verification API Use our verification software directly in your platform and seamlessly remove useless data.
- Accept-All Email Detection We find which addresses are associated with Accept-All servers so you can assess the risk in sending to those addresses.
- MX Record Detection Our system provides you with the MX record of each email address on your list.
- SMTP Provider Information Automatically determine the email provider that each email address is using.
- Misspelled Domain Detection Identifies common typos in the email address domain and suggests a potential alternative.
- Syntax Validation Ensures the address has all the characteristics of a legitimate email address before you send.
- Domain Validation Checks that the domain name hosting the email address actually exists and is working properly.
- SMTP Verification Determines the deliverability of an email address through the SMTP server.
- Email Deduplication Our system detects and removes duplicate email addresses from your lists.
- Role Email Detection Pinpoints role-based email addresses that are not for personal use.
- Tagged Email Detection Identifies email addresses in your list with added tags.
- Free Email Detection Identifies email addresses that belong to a free email address provider.
- App Integrations Integrate Emailable with the email service provider, customer relationship manager, and marketing platforms you already use.
- Email Quality Score We give every email address on your list a quality score from 0 to 100.
- Anti-Greylisting Technology Our system adheres to the latest anti-greylisting protocols to give you the most accurate results.
- Real-Time Results View the results of your email verification as we process the list in real-time.
- Customized Exports Handpick and export only the email addresses you want to send to with ease.
- Gender Detection Our system attempts to determine the gender of emails in your list.
- Name Detection Our system attempts to enrich emails in your list with a first and last name.
- Team Accounts Share credits, monitor usage, and share results throughout your organization.
- Drag & Drop Interface Easily drag and drop or copy and paste your email list directly from your computer.
- 99%+ Deliverability Guarantee We guarantee that no more than 1% of your emails marked as “deliverable” will bounce.
- 24/7 Support We’re here to help! Our friendly staff is available to answer questions through chat and email.
You will be able to notice the benefits of using an email verification tool right away. But with Emailable, you’re able to even more to boost your email marketing campaigns. Successful marketers know that the key to a great campaign is one that gets delivered. So that’s why they’re using email validation tools.